Learn how to replicate mother nature’s ways of creating soil fertility.
- If your soil is hard and clayish, add organic matter to improve drainage.
- If your soil is dry and sandy, add organic matter to retain water.
- The cure for acid soil is to add organic matter such as compost, wood ash or calcium.
- The cure for alkaline soils is to add organic matter in leaves, wood chips, bark, hay or straw.
- The cure for compacted soil is to add organic matter to feed the earthworms and other soil organisms.
- Make your own compost.
- Buy mulch from an organic source.
- Don’t use manure from grazing animals.
- Keep your own animals and collect their poop.
- Grow your own green manures